Experience hiking at its best!
The Tuxertal valley offers hiking trails that range from relaxing strolls to exhilarating summits, through unique natural landscapes. Cable cars and hiking taxis enable an easy access to higher trails. Quaint alpine huts invite to linger and enjoy Tiroelan delicacies. Spend unforgettable summer holidays in the nature park Zillertal valley.
Summiteer or pleasure hiker
Summer holidays at the Tuxerhof offer an abundance of activities. We guarantee perfect summer holidays for nature lovers, sports enthusiasts, gourmets, friends and families.
- 350 km marked hiking trails
- Free hiking bus in the Tuxertal valley
- Hiking taxi
- 5 cable cars in Tux-Finkenberg operating in summer
- Austria’s only year round ski resort at Hintertux Glacier
- 70 km mountain bike trails
- 9 km idyllic path along the stream for running and walking
- 5 via ferratas
- High rope course over a gorge
- Summer tobogganing „Arena Coaster“
- Pure adventure: rafting, canyoning, paragliding
- Steam train „Zillertalbahn“
- Excursions: Zillertaler Höhenstrasse (high road) and Krimml waterfalls – Austrias highest waterfalls, just 1 hour away
Active & well catered for at the Tuxerhof
The Tuxerhof inclusive services for nature lovers and sports enthusiasts
Our three hiking & sports guides take you to their “hiking hot spots” off the popular hiking trails. Enjoy the magnificent mountain scenery while your hiking guide keeps an eye on the schedule, the route and the weather.
- Hiking guide
- 3 guided tours per week
- Free loan of hiking equipment
- Free drinking bottle
- Shoe cleaning station
- Hiking and excursions folder
- Free sports bus in the valley
- Herbs workshop with Sigrid
- Educational nature trail “Glocke”
- Hikes to special “places of strength”
- Outdoor yoga – breathing exercises
- Cooking course: dumplings, Kaiserschmarrn, etc.
- NEW: bread bakery
Our guides take you on the most beautiful hikes.
Culinary delights on the mountain pasture.
Our Alpine brunch is a fixed weekly programme highlight in the mountain summer! It’s up to you whether you choose to hike to the hut with our guide, ride up by mountain bike or whether you prefer to go by taxi to approx. 1,600 metres. At lunchtime we all meet at the hut for brunch with hot and cold beverages, fine delicacies and enjoy the breathtaking panorama of the Alpine divide.