Countless hiking trails start right at the doorstep. The gondolas and hiking taxis take you effortlessly up the mountains. The Tuxertal is situated in the Nature Park Zillertal and offers tours in all levels of difficulty. Enjoy fantastic tours in unspoilt nature, visit quaint mountain huts and delight in Tirolean delicacies – hiking holidays in Tux are an unforgettable experience.
Summiteers, Pleasure Hikers, Thrill-Seekers
Summer at the Tuxerhof is full of adventures and activities, offering something for everyone to enjoy: nature lovers, sporty holidaymakers, connoisseurs, friends and families.
Hiking & mountain paradise Tux/Zillertal
- 350 km hiking trails, surrounded by impressive mountain peaks
- Tours in various levels of difficulty
- 9 km idyllic path along the stream, ideal for running and strolling
- Via ferrata for intrepid adventurers
- 5 cable cars take you up the summits
- Year-round ski area Hintertux Glacier
- Nature Park Zillertal Alps
Tuxerhof Activities & Services
The Tuxerhof inclusive services for nature lovers and sporty holidaymakers
Our hiking and sports guides take you to their special “hiking hot spots” off the beaten track. While you enjoy the beautiful scenery your hiking guide keeps an eye on the schedule, the route and the weather.
- Hiking guide
- 3 guided tours per week
- Free loan of hiking equipment
- Free drinking bottle
- Shoe cleaning station
- Hiking and excursions folder
- Free sports bus in the valley
- Herbs workshop with Sigrid
- Educational nature trail “Glocke”
- Hikes to special “places of strength”
- Outdoor yoga – breathing exercises
- Cooking course: dumplings, Kaiserschmarrn, etc.
Your perfect cycling holidays
- 800 km bike & single trails in the Zillertal valley
- Cycling adventures in fresh, clear mountain air
- Bike washing area and storage room at the hotel
- Equipment to hire
- Guided bike tours
Our Activity Team
Our guides take you on the most beautiful hikes.
Culinary delights on the mountain pasture.
Our Alpine brunch is a fixed weekly programme highlight in the mountain summer! It’s up to you whether you choose to hike to the hut with our guide, ride up by mountain bike or whether you prefer to go by taxi to approx. 1600 metres. At lunchtime we all meet at the hut for brunch with hot and cold beverages, fine delicacies and enjoy the breathtaking panorama of the Alpine divide.
Early in the morning, the hotel buses will take us to the Lämmerbichl. After a short hike of about 20 minutes we will reach the Wanglspitze. At the top of the mountain, at an elevation of over 2500 metres, we refuel with hot tea, while we soak up the sunrise and the incredible scenery. The sunrise tour is an unforgettable experience, offered weekly in our activity programme from mid-August, weather permitting.