Fresh air and outdoor adventures in the Zillertal Valley
The Tuxerhof is the perfect basecamp for your next summer or autumn holiday in the Zillertal Valley. Thanks to its location it provides an ideal starting point for a huge range of adventures and activities in the region. Get ready for an unforgettable holiday full of sport, adventure and fresh mountain air.
Walking and hiking in the Zillertal Valley
- 350 kilometres of trails criss-crossing an incredible mountain landscape
- Trails for all abilities and fitness levels, from beginners to experienced hikers
- 9-kilometre-long riverside trail ideal for jogging or walking
- Via ferrata fixed-rope climbing routes
- 5 lifts and cable cars giving access to the mountains
- Skiing 365 days a year on the Hintertux Glacier
- Zillertal Alps Nature Park
Sport, action and adventure in the Zillertal Valley
On holiday, as in life, physical activity is a source of energy and inspiration. While many of us do not have the time for as much sport as we would like in our everyday lives, holidays are the chance to enjoy the fresh air and get back to nature. There are few places where this nature is more majestic than the Zillertal Valley with its breathtaking views and warm summer climate. We use this gift which nature has presented to us as our inspiration for a weekly activity programme full of sport, action and adventure.
- 3 guided hikes or bike rides per week
- Alpine brunch every Wednesday in our hut
- E-bike: 2 guided rides per week
- Sunrise hike (from mid-August)
- High-rope adventure park
- Energy walk
Delicious brunch high in the mountains
Our "alpine brunch" has become a favourite among visitors to the Tuxerhof and a core part of our weekly activity programme. You can decide for yourself how you want to get up to the hut, be it on foot with our hiking guide, by mountain bike or using our handy taxi service. Up at the top, at 1600 metres above sea level, everyone meets up for a hearty brunch with drinks, delicious local delicacies and incredible views of the Main Alpine Ridge.